Physics Practical Works
Experiment 1: To find resistance of a given wire using metre bridge and hence determine the specific resistance of its material.
Experiment 1: To determine resistance per cm of a given wire by plotting a graph of potential difference versus current.
Experiment 1: To verify the laws of combination (series/parallel) of resistances using a metre bridge.
Experiment 1: To compare the emf ’s of two given primary cells using potentiometer.
Experiment 1: To determine the internal resistance of given primary cell using potentiometer.
Experiment 1: To determine resistance of a galvanometer by half-deflection method and to find its figure of merit.
Experiment 1: To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance of figure of merit) into an ammeter and voltmeter of desired range and to verify the same.
Experiment 1: To find the frequency of the ac mains with a sonometer.
- Experiment : To find the value of v for different values of u in case of a concave mirror and to find the focal length.
- Experiment: To find the focal length of a convex mirror, using a convex lens.
- Experiment : To find the focal length of a convex lens by plotting graphs between u and v or between 1/u and 1/v.
- Experiment : To find the focal length of a concave lens, using a convex lens.
- Experiment : To determine angle of minimum deviation for a given prism by plotting a graph between the angle of incidence and the angle of deviation.
- Experiment : To determine refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
- Experiment : To find refractive index of a liquid by using (i) concave mirror, (ii) convex lens and plane mirror.
- Experiment : To draw the I-V characteristics curves of a p-n junction in forward bias and reverse bias.
- Experiment : To draw the characteristics curve of a zener diode and to determine its reverse break down voltage.
- Experiment : To study the characteristics of a common-emitter npn or pnp transistor and to find out the values of current and voltage gains.
To identify a diode, an LED, a transistor, and IC, a resistor and a capacitor from mixed collection of such items.
Use of multi-meter to
- (i) identify base of transistor,
- (ii) distinguish between npn and pnp type transistors,
- (iii) see the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED,
- (iv) check whether a given electronic component (e.g. diode, transistor or IC) is in working order.
To observe refraction and lateral deviation of a beam of light incident obliquely on a glass slab.
To observe polarization of light using two Polaroids.
To observe diffraction of light due to a thin slit.
To study the nature and size of the image formed by
- (i) convex lens
- (ii) concave mirror, on a screen by using a candle and a screen (for different distances of the candle from the lens/mirror).