Class 10 History : Chapter 1 THE RISE OF NATIONALISM IN EUROPE
Key Concepts of the lesson-
In 1848, Frederic Sorrieu a French artist prepared a series of four prints visualizing his dream of a world made up of democratic and social Republic. During 19th century nationalism emerged forcing many changes in Political and mental world of Europe.
The French Revolution and the Idea of Nation-
(1) Growth of nationalism in France
(2) Introduction of various measures and practices created sense of collective identity among the people of France.
(3) Rise of Napoleon and his reforms. Revolutionaries help other peoples of Europe to become nation.
(2) The making of Nationalism in Europe-
(1) Germany, Italy and Switzerland were divided into Kingdom, duchies and cantones these divisions were having their autonomous rulers.
(2) Industrialization in England, Emergence of a working class and liberalism. (3) After the defeat of Napoleon, the European government follows the spirit of conservations conservative regimes were autocratic Revolutionaries at that time fight for liberty and freedom. E.g. Mazzini,s young Italy and Young Europe.
(3) The age of Revolution (1830- 48)
Liberalism and Nationalism, occurrence of revolutions in Brussels and Greece and development of cultural movement in Europe, Hunger Hardship and Popular revolt, Demand for constitutionalism and national unification. Rights for women Results- Frankfurt Parliament (May 1848)
(4) Unification of Germany and Italy- Germany and role of Bismark and his policy unification of Germany Unification of Italy- Role of Mazzini Garibaldi and victor Emanuel II Separate case and condition of Britain - Glorious revolution of 1688, Act of union of 1707.
Q. Describe the process of unification of Italy
Ans. 2 during 1830s. G. Mazzini decided to make a programme to unite Italy and formed a society young Italy After earlier failures king victory Emmanuel II took to unify the Italian status through war and he got the whole hearted support of minister Cavour made a tactful alliance with France and defeated Austrians forces in 1859. Now he was able to secure the support of Garibaldi. In 1860 Garibaldi led the famous expedition to south Italy and freed the states from Bourbon rulers in 1861 before the completion of unification victor Emanuel II was proclaimed the king of united Italy.
nationalism in europe class 10 cbse
nationalism in europe today
nationalism in europe class 10 summary
nationalism in europe ppt
nationalism in europe brought everything except
nationalism in europe and asia
nationalism in europe answer key
nationalism in europe and india
nationalism in europe and america
nationalism in europe after ww2
nationalism in europe animation
nationalism in europe a policy under
nationalism in europe after ww1
nationalism in europe after 1945
nationalism in europe after french revolution
nationalism in europe before ww1
nationalism in europe brief summary
nationalism in europe books
nationalism in europe between 1815 and 1848
nationalism in europe vocabulary builder answers
nationalism in europe in brief
nationalism in europe timothy baycroft
nationalism triumphs in europe biography
nationalism in europe question bank
nationalism in europe class 10 in hindi
nationalism in europe class 10 video
nationalism in europe class 10 pdf
nationalism in europe class 10 cbse notes
nationalism in europe class 10 ppt download
nationalism in europe class 10 notes meritnation