Describe the three main features of river Brahmaputra
Describe the three main features of river Brahmaputra.
1. Chemayungdung glacier (5150m) on the Kailas range about 100 km from the Manasarowar lake in Tibet is the source of the river Brahmaputra.
2. Having a length of 2900 km, the Brahmaputra is one of the longest rivers of the world.
3. Flows through Tibet, India and Bangladesh.
4. Makes the world's largest delta jointly with Ganga.
5. Tista, Manas, Luhit and Subansiri are the important tributaries.
6. In Indian part, gets voluminous supply of water due to heavy rains and draining of tributaries. So it carries heavy load of silt during its course.
7. Every year during the rainy season, the river overflows its banks and cause devastating floods in Assam and Bangladesh.