– Medium sized trees and shrubs.
– Main plant body Sporophyte.
– In some members roots may have fungal association called Mycorrhiza.
– In some (Cycas) coralloid roots present having algal zone with N2-fixingsymbioticalgae.
Root – taproot and leaves of two types – 1)Foliage 2)Sporophylls.
– Microsporophyll bears sporangia where microspores are formed.
– Megasporophyll bearsovules.
– Compact arrangement of Sporophylls is calledConeand loose one iscalled Strobilus.
– Microspore i.e. pollens reaches to ovules.
– Pollen tubes help to transfer male gametes up to egg of archegonia present in female gametophyte of ovule.
– Zygote develops in an embryo inside seed
-e.g. Cycas, Pinus ,Cedrusetc.