-Articles helpful in correct identification & classification of organisms arecalled taxonomical aids.
– Store house of collected plant specimens that are dried, pressed & preserved on sheets.
-Sheets are arranged according to universally accepted classificationsystem.
-used as ready reference in scientific studies.
-Collection of various living plant species in form of gardenfor identification purpose
-Used for identification of plants.
-Example: Royal Botanical Garden at Kew, England, Indian Botanical Garden Howrah,
National Botanical Research Institute Lucknow etc.
-Collection of preserved plant &animal specimens.
-Specimens may be preserved in preservative solutions viz.Formalin (40%).
-Specimens may also be preserved as dry specimenseg. Insects and stuffed large animals.
-Skeleton of animals may be also as museum specimen.
-Used as actual material for study and identification.
Place where wild animals are kept in protected environment under human care .
eg. Alipur zoo, Kolkata, West Bengal
National Zoological Park of New Delhi
– Used as aid to learn about food habits and behaviour, Life cycle.
Taxonomical aid based on contrasting characters called as couplet.
– Couplet has two opposite statements, each called lead.
– Separate keys for separate taxonomic categories needed.
– Used to classify organism.
Actual account of habitat & distribution of plant species in an area.